We are committed to maintaining confidentiality and protecting the privacy of our employees, donors, and volunteers.
- Ensure that all information, which is confidential, privileged or nonpublic, is not disclosed.
- Respect the rights of all individuals in the performance of their United Way of Hopewell-Prince George duties.
- Prohibit all employees and volunteers from engaging in any financial transaction using non-public or confidential information to further their own private interest.
- Justify the reliance that donors, corporations, and others have in our ability to utilize and manage information with the highest degree of confidentiality by ensuring that our computer and management information systems are protected from unauthorized use.
- Respect the wishes of donors who prefer to remain anonymous.
We will not provide, trade, sell, or rent your information to any third party except under the
Designations – if a portion of your donation is directed to another United Way or other agency and if acknowledgement is requested, we provide your name, address, gift amount and payment type. We highly encourage agencies to respect your privacy, but do not control their policies and therefore cannot take responsibility for their use of donor information.
Public Recognition – We publically recognize donors, agencies, sponsors and volunteers for their generosity in our annual report and occasionally in the news media. If you prefer to remain anonymous, please indicate this on your pledge card or call our office at 804-541-3969.
As required by law – United Way of Hopewell-Prince George will release information when we are required to comply with the law.