Interested in Contributing?
When you make a contribution to United Way of Hopewell-Prince George, you are supporting the most people in all walks of life with just one contribution.
Our goal is to raise enough money to meet the needs of participating agencies. These agencies are evaluated by an experienced panel of volunteers, made up of people from our community. The agencies' programs and funding requests are reviewed by allocations panels to ensure your contribution goes where it is most-needed.
Donations for the Community Care Fund
If you would like to make a donation to the United Way of Hopewell-Prince George Community Care fund, please give us a call at 804.541.3969.
Donor Choice Program
United Way recognizes that some contributors wish to have more flexibility or personal determination in the distribution of their contribution. Accordingly, United Way has provided the following options for the Donor Choice Program.
- Community Care – This choice is the best way to help the most people in the community. An experienced panel of volunteers determines where the money is needed the most, setting the allocation for each participating agency.
- Specific Care – Some contributors may have a specific United Way of Hopewell agency they want to support. You can do this by specifying the number assigned to the participating agency and the amount of your gift on the donor pledge card. We will be happy to forward your gift to the agency you choose.
- Other Ways to Care – You may choose this option if you wish to contribute to a charitable organization other than those participating in the campaign. If you choose this option please review the following guidelines:
- A minimum contribution of $25 must be made to each non-member agency designated. A gift of less than $25, or one deemed ineligible, will be credited to Community Care.
- The agency must be a qualified 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose primary purpose is to provide health and human services to our local community.
- Examples of ineligible organizations include churches, schools or educational institutions, foundations, cultural groups, civic clubs, political organizations and advocacy groups.
- Designations to other United Ways can be made under this choice.
- An address for the non-participating agency must be provided in order to guarantee payment.
- We ask that you consider contributing at least part of your contribution to Community Care when selecting this option.
- All non-cash designations to non-participating agencies are subject to a 10% processing fee.
The following Donor Information Form can be found in the United Way of Hopewell-Prince George Brochure.
You can make a contribution by mailing it to the address below. If you wish to have your gift acknowledged, please print and fill out the Donor Information Card and mail it with your contribution.
Donation Mailing Address
United Way of Hopewell-Prince George210 North 2nd AvenueP.O. Box 394Hopewell, Virginia 23860
United Way Pledge Form (This is only required if you wish to have your gift acknowledged)
United Way Corporate Pledge Form (This is only required if you wish to have your gift acknowledged)
2015 Golf Brochure
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view the Donor Information Card. If you do not have Adobe Reader you can get it here for free.